Covid-19 Update - 28 July 2020
The safety of our patients and staff is paramount. We are following national and local guidance around how we can best offer healthcare and safely resume services. We also have to link in to what other hospitals and services are doing.
We are still limited in relation to the number of people we can have in the practice at any one time to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff. For these reasons;
- Patients with appointments gain entry to the practice via the buzzer and intercom to the right of the doors into the practice. Our doors remain closed at this time
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes ahead of your appointment time as we may have to ask you to wait outside
- All patients are asked to wear a face mask whilst in the practice. Please discuss with our Navigation Team in advance if you are exempt from doing so
- The majority of consultations will take place by telephone or video, initially at least. Rest assured though that if a clinician needs to see you in person, arrangements for this will be made. You may also be asked to send in photographs where this is likely to help a clinician
Don’t let worries about Covid-19 stop you seeking medical help when you need it. If you or a loved one has signs of a serious condition or illness like a stroke or severe chest pain get help straight away by going to A&E or calling 999 https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care/when-to-go-to-ae/
Thank you for your support. Stay safe
What's New for August 2020?
Like many other practices we are, from Monday 3rd August 2020, introducing Care Navigation alongside a new appointment system, which will help us to make the best use of the resources available and ensure that patients;
- receive the most appropriate care
- from the most appropriate health care professional
- at the most appropriate time
Our Reception Team will now be known as the Navigation Team. They are not medically trained but, at the request of our GPs, they will ask some questions to enable them to navigate patients to the most appropriate source of help
Please help our Navigation Team to help you by providing a brief description of your concern and answering any questions they may ask. Information provided is dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Please bear with us whilst our new system becomes embedded into practice. Telephone calls may take a little longer at first but we are confident our new system will better meet the needs of our patients
GP Appointments are now available in your area during the evening and at the weekend. To book an appointment, contact your practice
New Appointment System
We listened to your feedback relating and have designed a new system to run alongside Care Navigation, with a view to providing better access for patients to the care they need. This goes live on Monday 3rd August 2020
The key benefits are;
- ROUTINE pre-bookable appointments will be available to book by telephone
- More SAME DAY appointments available for matters that cannot wait until the next routine appointment
- Pre-bookable appointments released up to 14 days ahead (rather than 48 hours)
- Navigation will ensure patients are directed to the most appropriate source of help which may not always be a healthcare professional in the practice
- A wider range of appointments on offer to patients, more appropriate to needs
We have also expanded our multi-disciplinary team which now includes;
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners who are able to prescribe medication
- Physiotherapist for musculoskeletal problems
- Practice Pharmacists
- Nursing Team who provide treatment room services and look after many of our patients with chronic illnesses such as asthma, COPD or diabetes
- Healthcare Assistant and Phlebotomist
For more information about appointments please see our Appointments page
Helping You To Better Health
Here at Bedminster Family Practice we offer a full general practice service and run specialist clinics for diabetes, COPD, coronary heart disease and asthma sufferers and for minor surgery.
We aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence. We believe it is important that you know who you are speaking to and so our practice staff wear name badges and also identify themselves on the telephone.
Your Health and Local Services
The Bristol service finder app can help you find your nearest, most appropriate health service using GPS mapping, wherever you are in England. Click this link to find out more
HEALTH AT HOME PUBLIC CAMPAIGN
The general public have been asked to stay at home as much as possible. If people need an NHS service, they should try to do it online from home first (unless it is a serious or life-threatening emergency, they feel very unwell, or to attend ongoing treatment and have been told to do so). The Health at Home campaign signposts the public to useful information about how to contact their GP, order repeat prescriptions, manage their wellbeing & existing conditions – without leaving their home.
Urine samples left at reception desk
Please note that urine samples can no longer be accepted by our receptionists unless the sample has been requested by a doctor or nurse. Safe testing and interpretation can only be provided if a doctor or nurse recommends a test. If you believe you need any form of medical test please arrange a nurse or doctor appointment to allow for a proper assessment and management plan.
Login to Patient Access Online Services for booking appointments and ordering prescriptions
(Site updated 30/07/2020)